At SMO Energy, we’re dedicated to offering our high-quality propane at affordable and competitive rates to our family of customers across Southern Maryland, from Anne Arundel and Prince George’s County to Calvert, Charles and St. Mary’s County.
How We Keep Your Propane Gas Prices Affordable
To provide our SMO Energy family with propane gas prices that meet their budget, we offer the following:
- Free delivery — To make our residential propane prices even better, we include free shipping. With our fleet of delivery trucks, you can also count on receiving your fuel the same or next day without paying extra.
- Zero hidden charges — Other companies may choose to bump up their current cost of propane with regulatory and hazmat fees. At SMO Energy, we don’t. Instead, you only pay your per-gallon propane price. No hidden fees and no extra charges — just your fuel price.
A founding value of ours is to go the extra mile, which is why we haven’t settled for just providing free delivery and no hidden fees. We’ve continued to grow our services and develop new ways to make our propane gas prices even more affordable and convenient. How? With SmartPay.
How SmartPay Lowers Your Propane Costs
SmartPay is our free payment plan. This program estimates and divides your anticipated propane costs across the year, which lets you make low payments each month.
We adjust these amounts throughout the year to align with your actual usage and if your account is credited at all, we’ll apply a .2% rebate.
To make payments even easier and further lower your propane gas prices, we have SmartPay Plus. This program is also free. The only difference is it’s our autopay program, which gives you a few additional benefits:
- Purchase discounts — When we deliver your propane, we adjust your propane price-per-gallon by applying a five-cent discount for every gallon you purchase. Use your savings for something special or set them aside to cover your next bill.
- Online payments — While you can also pay online with SmartPay using a credit card, SmartPay Plus lets you use a designated bank account or credit card to cover each payment. Either option gives you the opportunity to go paperless, removing the cost of stamps and checks.
- No late fees — As an autopay program, SmartPay Plus makes sure your payments are never overdue, which means zero late fees. That can add up to a lot of savings — especially when you’re prone to forgetting or are juggling multiple responsibilities.
For our SMO Energy family, the SmartPay and SmartPay Plus Budget Plans are popular choices when it comes to their convenience as well as their ability to make your propane cost more manageable through 12-month payments, discounts and more.
What Factors Affect Propane Prices?
A few factors affect propane prices across the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic:
- Natural gas and crude oil costs — Propane comes from natural gas and crude oil. Most propane is produced when refining crude oil, which is why shifts in its cost can lead to changes in propane gas prices. Political strife, natural disasters, and production levels can all affect their costs.
- Supply and demand — One of the biggest influences on propane costs is supply and demand. Supply problems can begin with crude oil and natural gas or start with propane. Production problems and low inventory levels all lead to an imbalance between supply and demand, which causes hikes in prices.
- Seasonal weather — Winter is peak season for propane since many families use it to heat their homes. While seasons influence demand and lead to increases in propane prices, an unusually cold or lengthy winter can also cause supply problems and price changes.
- Location — Being near refineries and distribution centers for propane can have a positive impact on residential propane prices. Being further away can lead to higher costs, whether due to a small number of available suppliers or the cost of traveling to a distribution center.
We have been delivering propane for more than 90 years. We’ve seen the average price of propane fluctuate throughout those nine decades and have seen how those changes impact consumers. That’s why we’ve countered those shifts with services that keep your propane costs affordable.
Find Out Our Current Propane Prices With a Free Quote
At SMO Energy, we’ve applied more than nine decades of experience to make our propane gas prices competitive and affordable for families across Southern Maryland. That dedication and initiative are why families have trusted our team of professionals for generations.
Learn more about our current propane prices by requesting a free quote today!