Repairing Your Ductless Mini-Split Heating & Cooling System
How to Know When It’s Time to Repair Your Ductless Mini-Split
- Poor cooling from indoor units: If the indoor and outdoor motors are running, but there is a noticeable drop in heating or cooling power from one or more of the indoor units, this may be a sign of a refrigerant leak. If left untreated, this could damage the system’s compressor, so it’s best to have a trained professional evaluate the system and fix this issue as soon as possible.
- The system is leaking water: While it is common for window AC units to drip water, this should not be happening with your ductless mini-split system. If you notice water dripping from one of the wall-mounted units or see water damage around the unit, your system may not be draining properly and should be fixed immediately to reduce the likelihood of any water damage to your home.
- The outdoor fan has stopped running: If you notice that your indoor units are not cooling your space when their fans are turned on, check the outdoor fan to see if it is running. If the fan is not running, there may be an issue with the fan motor or the capacitor causing the system to malfunction.
- The indoor unit is running, but cool air is not coming out: If you notice that your system is turned on and is not blowing cool air, you may need to replace the system’s filter. If the filter has been replaced and the system is still not blowing cold air, ice buildup may be blocking the blower wheel or there could be a burnt motor or control board.
If you are experiencing any of these issues with your ductless mini-split system, it is imperative that you contact a service technician immediately to prevent any damage to your ductless mini-split system or your home. Additionally, routine maintenance each year can help ensure your system is running at peak performance and reduce the likelihood of any problems with your units that may require costly repairs.
Why Choose SMO?
We are a family-owned, full-service heating and cooling company that has been providing the Southern Maryland region, Anne Arundel County, and Prince George’s County with total home comfort solutions for generations. Whatever your heating and cooling needs may be, we have you covered.
- Ductless mini-split repair, replacement, and installation
- System maintenance, annual tune-ups, and servicing
- Quality products and dependable service
Our energy consultants provide free in-home appointments and estimates. We offer 0% financing on new equipment for qualified clients with the ability to pay as little as $59 per month! Whether you are in need of a ductless mini-split replacement or a new installation, we will work with you to find the right equipment for your home and budget.